temperature of CPU

sootey 21:11 01 Jan 04

I have a ASUS A7V8X MB with a Athlon 2000+CPU I use Probe
Can anyone tell me what the Temperatures for both the CPU & MB should be set at.
I also have 2 chassis fans, Is it necessary to have 2

Thanks
sootey

LastChip 21:27 01 Jan 04

Too many variables.

For example, how close is your computer to a heat source? Is the heat on all the time? How good is the air flow around your case? How many devices do have fitted? What's the ambient temperature?

You can see, it's an unanswerable question, however AMD claim the CPU is good to about 85 deg C. But I wouldn't want to run it that hot myself!

To give you some idea, I just checked mine, and keeping in mind the time of year, the CPU is 46 deg C with the internal temperature at 39. (1900 Athlon). So maybe an alarm temp. would be valid at around 60 deg C, but it's up to you!

fred 21:43 01 Jan 04

My Athlon 2400 has run hapily 24/7 for the last six months at about 63-65 degrees. I run UD 24/7 and use no case fans at all. The system temp is about 39 degrees. The M/B shut down has been set to 95 degrees as default. I do not think you have anything to worry about.

fred 21:44 01 Jan 04

As an aside different progs give widely different values of temp readings. Stick to the ones that come with the MB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…