Tempary files. (how do i delete them)

13urd 17:37 07 Jul 05

Please help
I have three tempary files in c:\documentsandsettings\administrator\localsettings\temp.
These are,
DF5DDC.tmp
DF8788.tmp &
Perflib_perfdata_938.
No matter what I try my computer will not let me delete,it says ( It is being used by another person or program ) ive tried pressing ctrl,alt & delete but no programs are running. Every time I scan with my Norton antivirus it picks these up as a problem.
1. Do I need these files
2.Can I delete them & how. please help

Regards 13urd

Megatyte 17:41 07 Jul 05

Try deleting them in Safe Mode.

AH

User-312386 17:42 07 Jul 05

Double click My Computer

Right Click C drive and select properties

Now select Disc Cleanup under the general tab

Thats it

Diodorus Siculus 17:53 07 Jul 05

Get crapcleaner from click here - run it regularly.

wee eddie 18:33 07 Jul 05

Are these files still there after you have Re-Booted your PC?

Re-Boot your PC and try again.

Buchan 35 18:59 07 Jul 05

I had the same problem some time ago and the upshot is that you cannot delete the folders. You can however delete the contents as the other guys here show. I`ve had to learn to live with a "Temporary Internet Files" folder on my desktop

wee eddie 19:56 07 Jul 05

Not a lot really.

A suggestion that "Perflib_perfdata_938" might appear after the use of "Killbox", but as I don't know what that is, it's not much help.

Just an idea.

Rename the file from .tmp to .old then you may be able to delete it.

I would try on one of the other 2, first, just in case, as they appear to do nothing.

Megatyte 22:13 07 Jul 05

"Ive tried all the other sugestions except yours as i dont know how to do it please explain. How do i start safe mode How do i then locate the files i need to delete.

Thanks again Regards 13urd"

Please post all questions on this forum, rather than direct mail. You'll get more help and other people can track the process.

To enter Safe Mode press F8 just before your PC boots to Windows(the best way is to tickle the key while booting)

Select Safe Mode

The files are at the location as in your original post.

AH

VoG II 22:17 07 Jul 05

Duplicate thread click here

Safe Mode click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…