temp range cpu

kakasnarta 20:35 11 Aug 03

More questions about temp.......What is the normal temp range for an athlon xp2200 mine runs about 53 at low load to about 60 at high ie playing games etc...is this about right or should it run cooler....thanks

mrdsgs 20:41 11 Aug 03

i have xp 2000 and 2400 in 7 systems, idle at 37-40 with ambient temps like this week

under load, 43 top temp.

don't worry if below 50 c

sil_ver 20:49 11 Aug 03

I don't think you can generalise as to what is normal, a lot can depend on the PC case size, fan arrangement, cpu cooler and other cooling devices, fans etc. If your PC is behaving ok then don't worry. AMDs notoriously run hot, their max temps are quoted (by AMD) as anything up to 95c depending on processor.

BillEmm 22:20 11 Aug 03

The XP2200 thoroughbred has an 'absolute' maximum temperature of 85C and according to an AMD formula the 'actual' maximum should be about 68C.

This CPU consumes 60 - 68 watts which is on the low side for a modern AMD engine so I would not expect high temperatures.

I would consider 60C to be high - even in this weather.

My Barton XP3200 only registers 46.5C in an office with an ambient temperature of 32C max.

This is a much debated subject and there are wide differences of opinion regarding AMD processor temperatures, but there are definitive specifications and equations for calculating the maximums and the actuals and the results are less than most people think.

Your car engine may have a maximum limit of 6000rpm but if you ran it at that for any length of time then 'broken' is the one word that comes to mind!

Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…