Temp internet folder not emptying- I think

end 02:09 21 Nov 04

on lappy win 98 se IE6

have checked settings and in Internet options it is ticked for "empty temp internet folder when browser closed"; have Google tool bar as well;

now running slow in picking up pages esp from this site;
checked folder and stacks of pages from previous days in there ; ??what am I doing wrong or not right?
just now refused to open link to another page, so checked the temp folder situation , and staggered to see it so full, when I have only just opened the browser; aslo, have machine programmed to "check automatically " for new pages of IE ....

??do I need to change something in Google as well or???

end 14:13 24 Nov 04

??anyone any ideas please?

Steven W 14:14 24 Nov 04

Open IE6, Tools Menu, Internet Options.

Delete Files (Check Delete All Offline Content) wait whilst it cleans up and then check its all gone.

Close IE

Open IE and surf a few pages, then close IE and see what happens.

Shas 14:17 24 Nov 04

Download the free Ccleaner from click here It's really very good for clearing out loads of stuff like that.

end 15:33 24 Nov 04

already done that; checked just now before relloging in and temp folder has not cleared isself as it ought to have done : that is what is puzzling me:(

it SHOULD clear out the stuff each time I close down, but is not happening, and dont know why..

any adjustments i should make to Google tool bar which I have here?

dont have same problems on Tower, as Guard IE does the job for me.

?is there an "internal tweek" I need to do , and if so what?
I have no problem cleaning out the folders and files myself, but that should happen automatically with the "temp internet folder " thingi ticked in internet options;but it "dont do
wot it says on the tin" :(

at least, this tin wont:(

Sethhaniel 16:41 24 Nov 04

my friends on 98se and her folder is in C:\Windows\temp internet etc and does not seem to respond to clearing by IE options

where on my Win 2000 & Xp its under c:\Documents & settings etc - maybe the directory needs redirecting ????

VoG II 16:47 24 Nov 04
  end 18:11 24 Nov 04

occurs to me; on Tower "no problemo" as Guard IE closes the lot for me, so maybe the "fault" will not surface on Tower;
on lappy only have AGV antivirus;
??do I have to tell my lappy where to put the temp internet folders? surely not..??

can I have some advise for the "thick-headed" please ( my mind cannot focus on anything beyond that at present) , and step by step destructions:(

VoG II 18:19 24 Nov 04

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.

What does it say the "Current location" is?

end 18:31 24 Nov 04

C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files
and the setting is to check for newer version of stored pages automatically ...

VoG II 21:00 24 Nov 04

That's where it should be. You could try moving it as suggested in the MSKB article and see if it makes a difference.

This will bump you for the evening crew anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…