Temp internet files. Vista Home Premium

donmar 13:46 21 May 07

Hello everyone

I have a new machine with Vista.In the temp. internet folder there is a vast number of files,cookies etc.

I delete them using IE internet options and they go but all come back next time I look,even after a reboot. I select them all and delete- same thing. They all go but are all back again next time I look.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Don

skidzy 15:19 21 May 07

Try using ccleaner click here

OR:

Automatically delete your temp files
The Windows Vista Disk Cleanup Wizard does a nice job, however it does not delete your temp files unless they are over a week old. If you would like to automatically do this more frequently,
open Notepad and type the following on the first line:

cd C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local

and on the second line type:

rmdir /S /Q Temp

and save the file as removeTemp.bat.

Similarly, you can automate this process even more if you right click on the file, create a shortcut, and put that shortcut into your "Startup" folder. Whenever you log into Vista, the temp files from your previous session will be deleted.

donmar 18:52 21 May 07

Thanks skidzy

Installed ccleaner and ran it. Reported deleted files but after reboot I looked and they were still there.

Followed your temp bat instructions but I must have done it wrong because nothing seemed to happen at all.

Thanks for helping me.

Don
ps

I also have Ashampoo Optimizer which says it cleans out the surfing info. but it does the saame thing.

skidzy 19:06 21 May 07

sorry about the bat file,ive been working on this now for around an hour...and still cannot get it to work myself.Please accept my apologies.

I have come across that Vista will not delete any temp files that are less than a week old,only older ones.

Now i would assume there is a setting to reduce this time schedule,but yet to find it.

Ive been trying to find a workaround.

donmar 21:09 21 May 07

Hi skidzy
In IE---internet options-- settings there is an option to reduce the number of days history will be kept. I have reduced it to nil now and will see if they are gone tomorrow.

Will let you know.

Take care.

Hypno

skidzy 23:02 21 May 07

i had seen that,but didnt think it would make a difference...especially after what i had read.

Ive been working on with the help of forum members on the bat file.
It seems it maybe a Vista bug or just so different from xp.

Good luck.

donmar 11:01 22 May 07

skidzy

You are right,there were all still here this morning.
Guess it is yet another problem with Vista.

Take care

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…