temp internet files

jimmer409® 20:36 21 Apr 04

now on b/b, what would you say is the required size to assign to the cashe, or would you even consider it important to store files? never changed the size from dial-up and was supprised at the time it took to clear. thoughts appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:41 21 Apr 04

As small as possible. There is no need to keep the files.

G

Gongoozler 20:41 21 Apr 04

Mine is set at 40MB, but I can't think of any good reason not to make it much smaller. What is stored there is mostly rubbish anyway.

LeadingMNMs 20:41 21 Apr 04

The main reason for the Temporary Internet Files is supposed to speed up page loading. I've never believed that this really helps and since alot of pages are dynamic (change regularly) it does seem fairly pointless to even bother to store these files. Others may say that they help the pages load faster but I have had no experience of this.

VoG II 20:45 21 Apr 04

Small - mine's 3 MB.

misog 20:50 21 Apr 04

I have mine set that it clears every time I close and I cant say I notice the difference. cookies are still retained so I still keep passwords.

misog 20:50 21 Apr 04

I have mine set that it clears every time I close and I cant say I notice the difference. cookies are still retained so I still keep passwords.

misog 20:56 21 Apr 04

And it does not cause me to post twice!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…