temp folder

fredor 02:58 07 Feb 05

I have located a folder on my computer that is hogging 22GB yes GB of space, it is C;\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MY NAME\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP can anyone tell me if it is safe to delete the whole folder
Thank you

THE TERMINATOR 03:05 07 Feb 05

No do not delete the folder as it is used as it says, a temporary folder for windows to use. But it will do no harm for you to delete the contents of the folder and release the 22GB of disk space....TT

Diodorus Siculus 07:43 07 Feb 05

Try a program like CrapCleaner from ccleaner.com - it will keep your temp files down.

zarobian 16:42 07 Feb 05

Just go to start and click on RUN. In the Run window type %TEMP% Pess Enter. This will open the file you mentioned. Go to Edit and select all.
Now hold the shift key down and hit the delete key.This will delete the temp files. Some may be refused.
If I am right you are using WindowsXP. In this case to be on the safe side create a System Restore point. To do this Go to Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>>System Tools and from the list select System Restore. You will be given option to create a new restore point. Select that option and click next. Give a name to your Restore point like BACKUP and click next. A System Restore point will be created with the name BACKUP. You can always go back to the same point if and when you wish to do so by following the same route..

AubreyS 16:52 07 Feb 05

I regularly empty that folder and have never had problems. I think that there is one item that Windows will not let you delete, its Perflib_Perfdata_394 a DAT file. But take advice from others on here too.

Buchan 35 21:02 07 Feb 05

Start<Control Panel< Internet options and `delete Cookies` followed by `delete files`

Start, all programmes, accessories, system tools
disc cleanup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…