temp files

stevennufc 20:20 07 Feb 07

How do I delete temp files and will I need them in first place

VoG II 20:22 07 Feb 07

click here and use the option to delete temporary files.

freaky 20:49 07 Feb 07

Another way to do this is double click on My Computer > double click your HD > right click on the Desktop > select Properties > select Disk Cleanup > make sure the Temporary Files is selected > click OK.

lotvic 21:09 07 Feb 07

Start > run > and type without the quotes "%temp%" > click on OK and window opens displaying the contents of temp folder.
place mouse cursor on a blank bit and left click
On keyboard press Ctrl and A to select all the items and then delete them

pac73 21:11 07 Feb 07

What about Ccleaner?Get it from Filehippo.com.

freaky 22:03 07 Feb 07

4 of us have made suggestions for deleting the 'temp files' and each one will work. One of the solutions is by downloading and installing CleanUp. The rest are supplied courtesy of Microsoft. This is one of the many things that annoy me about Windows...they offer too many solutions!

exdragon 22:57 07 Feb 07

Can I ask what is the difference between doing a search for *.tmp files and those which are shown when running %temp%?

The first option lists 74 files, while the second includes what looks like thousands, going back to 2005, although I've regularly used Disk Cleanup and CCleaner.

exdragon 11:15 08 Feb 07

Morning - anyone able to tell me the difference as mentioned in my question above, or should I start a new thread?

Thanks

Woolwell 12:19 08 Feb 07

My understanding is that the temp folder is where what should be temporary files are placed while programs are installed, etc. It is normally safe to delete anything there more than a few days old or even before when you last switched on the PC. Searching for tmp files doesn't find all of the contents of the temp folder but finds those files which have been created temporarily (some will be word documents, other from other programs). Cleaning it up depends largely on how much disc space you have or want.
click here

birdface 12:28 08 Feb 07

Hi,Easy way,Tools, Internet Options,Delete temporary files Ect,Press button takes you in to another folder where you can delete temporary files,I also delete cookies + history, And I do it once a week.

birdface 12:31 08 Feb 07

You should not need them,Any files that you need , you would have saved them elsewhere,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…