Temp files

meater 18:56 01 Sep 06

Please can somebody explain what the following Temp files do. "Setup log files" "Web Client/publisher Temp Files" and "Compress old Files". What would happen if I delete them, will I do any harm?
Any help would be appreciated.

From Meater

VoG II 19:01 01 Sep 06

You can delete "Setup log files" and "Web Client/publisher Temp Files" perfectly safely.

"Compress old Files" does not delete anything - it compresses files that have not been used for a while. This is only worth doing if you are short of disk space. If you do let Disk Cleanup compress old files they will then appear in blue in Windows Explorer.

SANTOS7 19:05 01 Sep 06

Disk Cleanup Wizard

Windows 98, Me, 2000, and XP come with a Disk Cleanup Wizard that streamlines the process of clearing out unwanted temp files. To access the Wizard, click on the Start button and choose Programs (All Programs in Windows XP). Then choose Accessories, System Tools, and Disk Cleanup.

click here
the link will explain more.

will i do any harm? NO...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…