Telling the temperature

Dobba 12:17 08 Dec 03

I am running Windows XP with Phoenix Award BIOS v 6.00PG
On booting up it tells me (for a few seconds) what the temperature of my system is and also of the Athlon chip. It is not particularly helpful to have this info immediately on booting as the system hasn't had time to warm up, but it might be useful to have these details on display, perhaps on the task bar, so that I can see the temperatures inside the computer case as the day goes on. Does anyone know how to do this?

Djohn 12:26 08 Dec 03

There are software programs that you can install, but they never seem to be as accurate as the readings taken direct from the motherboard sensors.

Because your boot-up shows the temp. you know the board is capable of providing this information so Two ways of doing it would be.

1) at any time during use, you can do a re-boot and go into the BIOS to check your CPU and system temp. But this can be inconvenient.

2) install a front panel display to your Case, this will fit in one of the spare drive bays and give a constant readout of System temp. CPU temp, also speed of all your fans. I would choose the latter. j.

SDJ 12:30 08 Dec 03

click here
This utility is quite good, although you should always believe the temps in the bios over anything else as sometimes if the various temp utilities are not configured right they can give different results.

Dont get too hung up on temperatures, I did some time ago and spent a small fortune on reducing temps, Make sure you have a clear airway to the intake of your case, have decent fans try and keep the dust out (you can get filters).

Post your readings and we will let you know if they are ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant