telewest broadband - setup help needed

Super Frankie Lamps 12:35 10 Jun 05

Right, please bear with me, cos this could be a long one.

My father in law has had Blue Yonder Broadband connected and the connection comes in through the television cable to a three way splitter. One cable to the TV, one to the Video and one to the Telewest Broadband modem. All clear ?

However, my father in law had already gone out and bought a Belkin Wireless g ADSL Router with modem, complete with wireless USB adapter. The engineer has run a cable from the telewest modem to the belkin router. Surely this will cause a conflict as the belkin kit also has a modem in it. I plan to go round today to try and sort this out, and if it is a case of just removing the telewest modem, then all well and good. But, not having seen it myself yet, my father in law tells me the connection between the splitter and the modem is an ethernet cable. If i connect this directly to the belkin modem, will it act in the same way as a normal telephone jack connection, or are the ethernet connections on the back for connection to other pc's on the network only ?

i hope someone out there understands this andcan help. Many thanks

Joe R 12:54 10 Jun 05

Super Frankie Lamps,

you would probably find more knowledgeable people in the network forum for this posting.

BH34 12:55 10 Jun 05

Have you had a look here click here

jimv7 14:00 10 Jun 05

You cannot use an adsl modem router on a cable connection, you will have to use a cable router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…