Telewest 1mb BB, highly irratic. pos solutions?

second best 00:19 10 Feb 04

hi, i have a thread here that a few of you may have visited recently, this is to further that query. i must have a problem with either, telewest (although, others using the same service don't seem to be having problems) or my modem is faulty, or my router is faulty (bought from dabs-the 3rd port doesnt work, may be a refurbished or faulty product.) anyway, is there anything i can do to diagnose my hardware from this end. i'm getting no luck from telewest tech support, and the calls are costing me a fortune. 10 mins ago, i had a dload speed of approx 990kbps, now im getting around 400. earlier toay it was 188. i'm aware of congestoin, and any other possible rtaffic problems, but this is ridiculous. the fact that no-one else is coming back to me with similar problems suggest an isolated case. any comeback please?

hugh-265156 01:22 10 Feb 04

depends where you are running the speed test from.a lot of speed tests are not in the uk so will report it lower.try click here

try a test at different times of day as you are doing.

maybe run a check for spyware or adware that could be hogging your bandwidth click here click here update and run your run your AV too.

try optomizing your connection click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…