Telephone/Fax Symbols in Word

Taff36 12:44 17 Feb 05

Have set up a form in Word 2002 and I want to include a Telephone symbol (Image) instead of the text "Tel:" for example. Similarly for "fax". I have looked in the Wingdings Fonts but the symbols are poor to say the least.

Can anyone recommend another (free) font or direct me to some suitable images?

Thanks in anticipation - I shall be out to lunch shortly but I`ll get back to you soon!

octal 12:53 17 Feb 05

Have you had a look in the clipart images? You may have to have the Word 2002 disk to hand if they are not installed already.

webber_man 13:02 17 Feb 05

The symbol you are looking for can be found by clicking on 'Insert' on the tool bar, go to Symbol, then on the drop down menu pick Wingdings, the telephone symbol is the 9th block along, click on it then click on 'insert' - that should do the trick.

webber_man 13:04 17 Feb 05

...in fact scrap that!! Didn't finish reading your whole post before replying!!....i'll get me coat!

Yoda Knight 14:34 17 Feb 05

Do a search for clip art on the microsoft web site

Taff36 15:08 17 Feb 05

Octal - Why didn`t I think of that! Thanks I`ll check them out.

webber_man - I`ve just taken mine off.

Yoda Knight - I`ll look there too!

Thanks all. I suspect a font symbol may be easier than trying to insert an image int the document but I`ll give it a go. I`ve laid the form out in tables so inserting the image will immediately throw out the form as the cells resize to the image size. Experimentation coming up.

accord 17:10 17 Feb 05

the symbols in wingdings does work.

VoG II 17:12 17 Feb 05

There are some in webdings as well.

Taff36 22:17 17 Feb 05

I was looking for plain black symbols and I found them as images. A little bit of tweaking to reduce the sizes worked OK.

Evening VoG!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now