Telephone problem with broadband

diesel1948 18:51 30 Jul 05

Can anybody help, i have encountered two problems since signing up with BulldogBroadband. The first is in outlook express. I used to be with freeserve anytime and outlook express was setup to run with that. Now,when i try to reply or send an email from outlook express, i get this message.
This is the AVG E-mail Scanner program.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]: Administrative prohibition
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Your e-mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this
message. Try to send the message again.

Should you need assistance, please contact your administrator or your
internet service provider.

How can i sort this problem out?

Secondly, the telephone line, the filter is plugged in to an extension in the bedroom and the telephone in the bedroom works fine. However, the line downstairs when answered disconnects the broadband connection and also you hear bad crackling on it when attempting to talk. If the downstairs phone is in use, the broadband will not connect showing an error message saying 'no dialing tone'. Someone suggested we may need a filter for the phone downstairs, would this solve the problem?

I would be grateful for any help,
Cheers Terry

Zaphod Beeblebrox 19:22 30 Jul 05

yes it would solve the problem all sockets that have a phone connected require a filter as for the email will have to leave that for someone else

spuds 21:10 30 Jul 05

Fix filters to all sockets like click here

If you require extra filters, then I would recommend Ebuyer click here use quickcode 39530. And if you want further information on that filter and other one's click here

VoG II 21:16 30 Jul 05

Have you set up your new e-mail details in OE.

If you are now with Bulldog you won't be able to send messages from your Freeserve account.

diesel1948 22:26 30 Jul 05

thanks for the advice on the filters, and for the email, would it be easy to setup an email address for bulldog, if so, how would i do it?

cheers, Terry

Switcher 22:53 30 Jul 05

You can send and receive to and from any email account using outlook express providing each address is setup in outlook express as follows.

1. incomimg server must be set as the correct server for the address in question e.g mail.btinternet

2. outgoing server must be set as the correct server for the address in question e.g mail.btinternet.com

Note you can receive emails on any account using practically any ISP

BUT

you can only send emails from an sddress using the ISP who supplies that address.

UNLESS

the ISP has a web based mail service then you can send and receive to and from any address using the web mail service.

Stuartli 22:54 30 Jul 05

Set up the Bulldog default account from Tools>Accounts>Mail, entering your Bulldog POP and SMTP configuration; you will also require your current accounts to be included/added from the General/Servers/Connection tabs accessed from each account's Properties.

It will ensure that all your e-mail is then collected from each source. However, if you get an e-mail from, say, ISP 2, you cannot just send a Reply from the Bulldog account, you will have to do it manually in a Compose message panel.

Stuartli 22:59 30 Jul 05

Your main ADSL cable and telephone connection should be taken from a splitter connected directly to the phone line socket box. All other telephones will/are almost certain to also need a splitter to avoid problems. See: click here for guidance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…