telephone line or broadband ?

baldi 14:36 01 Dec 07

at times i am getting interference on my telephone line and my adsl is disconnecting at the same time. sometimes the telephone is that bad thati can`t even get a dialing tone (just a pulse in the background) when it happens you can usually get the dsl back by picking up the phone and relacing it on the receiver. anyway, bt underground team told me yesterday that it is fixed but it started again today. i have now got to start from scratch with a bt engineer - coming out on tuesday. incidently, this interference occurs when just the telephone itself is plugged into the test socket, therefore my question is this : is this purely a bt problem (telephone)which is having a diverse effect on the adsl or could it be the adsl affecting the telephone line ? therefore, who is responsible bt or isp. any advice would be appreciated, baldi

john bunyan 15:46 01 Dec 07

Dont know but my underground BT cable got almost severed and the phone did not work but broadband did. One advantage to having a BT phone is that at least the line engineers, in the end, do a good job.Suggest you get BT to fix it if your phone is not ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…