Telephone To Far From Exchange For Broadband

Dave In Milton Keynes 15:28 23 Feb 03

I live about 2 miles from the centre of Milton Keynes (Not in some remote village),but after requesting a ADSL connection from Tiscali. It was rejected because of line length. NTL have not provide links to our area capable of ADSL either.

So what next?
I've got a new but redundant ADSL modem and filter
Any ideas please

howard60 15:38 23 Feb 03

if you are that close it could be that Tiscali cant do it but BT might be able to.

graham 15:45 23 Feb 03

click here

Although I must point out Tiscali use the BT line and BT exchange equipment.

Dave In Milton Keynes 15:48 23 Feb 03

If BT openword could work then I think Tiscali would have a case against BT uncopetative practices and OFTEL would get involved. However, Thanks for the advice, I might try BT to see what they say.

Djohn 15:54 23 Feb 03

Dave In Milton Keynes, have you tried the BT website? There you can put your phone number in and BT site will check and reply within seconds to inform you if you are within the broadband area, and if your local exchange is enabled. J.

Dave In Milton Keynes 16:02 23 Feb 03

Thanks to All
I have now checked with the BT site and they confirm the line length is to far from my local exchange.
Just goes to show ! although you can live in a major new town with all the modern amenities, you can still have problems with communications and transport that others suffer when living in remote villages.
Thanks again to all who have responded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…