//some 3rd party need geo

TELE 2 why pay more??

suburban train 16:13 16 Mar 04

Dear All

Whats the deal with tele2 website : click here

They promise far cheaper calls compared to BT and they even say we can keep our BT line and phone number! They promise no hidden charges or ties.

But the main problem lies here:
If i subscriped to Tele2 could i still receive broadband from tiscali or freeserve. Most broadband ISPs say you need a BT line and phone number.

Is anyone with tele2 has anyone got something good to say or bad?

cheers

TOPCAT® 16:38 16 Mar 04

someone online knows differently.

Some background info can be read at click here

JerryJay 17:28 16 Mar 04

If you want cheap call, you could check out telediscount click here, 2p a minute for most international call, you could call international free if you use your free mobile minutes. I use it a lot and know a lot of people use. Cannot belive how cheap it is. Relilable, no need to set up, just dial a special number first and call charged to BT bill.

961 17:51 16 Mar 04

I've been with Tele 2 for just 3 months. I keep my BT line together with my phone number and I continue to use my ISP anytime dial up.

The system works fine and my phone bills have gone down with some bump. Despite talking to friends in Spain quite often, and mostly during the day, the monthly bill for calls runs around £5. Obviously I still pay BT line rental at the basic rate which is about £25 per quarter and in addition Freeserve charge £14.99 for the anytime dial up

I don't know about broadband but Tele 2 have a help line and a web site where I have no doubt they can answer that question

These discount phone companies buy from BT in bulk. You then access their network by prefixing the number with a code. Some supply a 'Smart Box' to do this for you.

Since no changes have been made to your line, you can have broadband as normal.

These discount phone companies buy from BT in bulk. You then access their network by prefixing the number with a code. Some supply a 'Smart Box' to do this for you.

Since no changes have been made to your line, you can have broadband as normal.

This is known as a glitch!

961 10:22 17 Mar 04

Works the other way round with Tele 2

They arrange for you to connect via your BT line to them without dialling a code. If you want to use BT you dial 1280 before dialling the required number

Dial up code prefixes go straight through to the BT system automatically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…