Teknum

newearwax 08:11 27 Jul 05

There is a co called Teknum systems that produces HandyBits File Shredder and also a trojan, according to SpybotSD, that causes problems incl. slow running. Are the two related and is HandyBits safe to install and use?

Belatucadrus 11:15 27 Jul 05

Teknum are a Norwegian software development company and are as far as I'm aware not guilty of including Trojans. It would be interesting to know what exactly Spybot has identified.

My problem with Teknum is that their software is a little simplistic, lacking many of the features in the competition, in no case is it the best available.

For file shredders try Eraser click here or Ultrawipe click here

newearwax 12:33 27 Jul 05

Here is Spybots own statement
click here

What does anyone make of it? I can see if the way the updter is set up degrades the normal running of the computer it is bad but does that make it a trojan and would there be a way to have update avaiable but not affecting the running?

Belatucadrus 13:39 27 Jul 05

Is it a Trojan ? well in that it opens a communication channel without being terribly explicit about it, maybe. Does it provide an open door to hackers as is usually understood by the term Trojan, I doubt it. But as I said in my last posting, I'm not particularly impressed by most Teknum products anyway, the only one I would use if pushed is EasyCrypt.

newearwax 14:34 27 Jul 05

Thanks; I'll consider the prog you mention, B, but have uou or othersany views on

Absolute Shield File Shredder

Simple File Shredder

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…