//some 3rd party need geo

Tekheads, Pixmania or PC World Online?

Ironman556 23:03 02 Nov 05

Hi, have finally decided to uprade my graphics card. I can get the card I want at about the same price from each of the following, but havn't use any of them before. Which would the forum recommend? I'm happy with retail lite if the serice is going to be better and will be using standard shipping.

Pixmania - full retail version

Tekheads.co.uk - lite retail version

PC World Online - unknown version

Any input appreciated, thanks.

pj123 23:32 02 Nov 05

What graphics card are looking at getting? I haven't used any of the above suppliers either but if we knew what the graphics card you are thinking of there may be better? It would also help if we had some idea of your computer specifications.

Ironman556 23:47 02 Nov 05

I posted about updating my GFX card a few days ago here and on another site. Have looked around and spoken to a few people and decided to go for it.

PC Spec: AMD 2800XP+, 1GB Dual DDR400 RAM, Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard, Antec TruePower 480W PSU + 2 SATA Drives and 3 Optical Drives.

Card £210 - £215 delivered from the above suppliers.

Belatucadrus 02:10 03 Nov 05
  dagwoood 10:01 03 Nov 05

Never used this company myself, but lots of members on here recomend them and this is £195 delivered click here

HTH, dagwoood.

anchor 10:16 03 Nov 05

Before buying from Pixmania, I suggest you read this:

click here

Ironman556 12:41 03 Nov 05

Thanks, but that's the PCI-Express version, which is generally cheaper then AGP (anyone know why?) and I only have an AGP 8X/Pro port.

Ironman556 12:53 03 Nov 05

Thanks I found that thread last night.. Thought I'd give people a chance to say something good about them before not buying from there.

Ironman556 13:01 03 Nov 05

Thanks, I hadn't considered a Gigabyte as the card I have is a Sapphire.

I guess they're pretty much the same, has anyone got anythign to say about either card before I decide?

Has anyone ever used PCW Online or TekHeads?

PaulB2005 13:06 03 Nov 05

I've used Overclockers and they are very good.

click here

Bit more expensive at (£211.44 Including VAT at 17.5%) but i can recommend them.

Ironman556 21:04 03 Nov 05

I've ordered from overclockers, have used them before but didn't look as they're usually expensive compared to other sites. Should be getting it tomorrow, will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks All.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…