Teefer.sys error

ACOLYTE 20:17 14 Dec 05

Had a few stop errors BSOD and the page says its
related to teefer.sys file. I know this file is part of sygate firewall but i cant seen to fix it
i followed the advice from here click here

and it hasnt helped,the error report i sent to MS
links to a know problem but the page it tells me to goto at sygate is no longer there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 14 Dec 05

Teefer.sys is a driver level sensor. Interestingly Sygate recognizes the issue of a corrupt teefer occurring frequently in Windows ME.
Where the system will fail to boot or throw a memory dump and the error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Sygate's recommended fix is to do a clean un-install. First un-install SPF via the un-install wizard then reboot. Then once up please do the following.

Run a system search for anything related to Sygate, Sybergen or SPF and delete it.

Using Regedit locate and delete the following folders or registry keys if found.
HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\winsock2\wps

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\sygate technologies, Inc.\Sygate Personal Firewall

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\service\smcservice
HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\service\teefer

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine/software/Microsoft/windows/currentversion/uninstall/{5D422994-9E10-11D4-AEB1-00D0B7237D97}

Finally search and delete in windows “Teefer.sys” (windows\system32\drivers\teefer.sys) and “Wps.dll” (windows\system32\wps.dll)

Reboot and be sure the built-in firewall ICF is disabled before reinstalling.

ACOLYTE 20:51 14 Dec 05

Thx,yeah i did all that from the other link i gave but im still getting the error,also now windows firewall doesnt recognise sygate firewall and keep telling me one isnt installed.

ACOLYTE 12:10 04 Jan 06

I have sorted the Teffer.error by updating,the licence but i still cant get xp firewall to recongnise i have sygate installed,so i have told it i have one ill manage myself to stop the balloon pop up.Funny tho it did recognise the firewall before i went to the pro version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…