VIA Technologies multimedia software update

LeonV 11:34 31 Aug 03

Each time I use the Windows update scan, I am offered the June 18 multimedia software driver update from VIA Technologies. Despite receiving a successful installation message at the end of an unconvincing download and instal sequence, I am offered the same download each time I run the Windows update scan. Do I have the update or not, do I need it or should I just abandon this as a lost cause? Any advice please? I run Windows ME.

howard60 11:53 31 Aug 03

if it is running ok then leave well alone. I do not know how to stop it trying each time though. Perhaps one of the clever lot here knows how to stop it.

the lone cloner 14:55 31 Aug 03

there was a problem for people downloading via tech drivers for a while, but it was to do with it not installing.your problem seems similar to the recent one to do with patch kb23980 go to click here see if this makes sense of it.

LeonV 15:34 31 Aug 03

Thanks for the pointer, I think you're on the right track, but the solution offered here seems only to apply to XP users.

the lone cloner 20:15 31 Aug 03

i relise that that fix is for xp but i think the methode would work in your registry,if it's not urgent hang about and see if any of the "minds"boffins etc come up with anything, i think the registry is where you want to be, unless you are comfortable playing with it dont touch it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…