Technika MP3 player - 'Unknown Device' problem :(

proddeh 11:20 29 Dec 05

Hi there,

A friend of mine has got a Technika ML-2 256MB mp3 player as a present, and I'm having difficulty installing it with Windows XP on their machine for them.

It should be automatically recognised as a flash/usb stick drive by XP, but the wizard installs it as 'Unknown Device' and tells me it's working properly.

It's under the device manager as 'Unknown Device' and I've tried reinstalling the driver, but each time it installs it as 'Unknown Device'. How can I manually tell XP to treat it as a flash drive?

Device manager indicates the that both the USB hub (Intel 82801AA Universal Host Controller) and the unknown device are working properly.

Many thanks for any replies!

:s

realist 12:36 29 Dec 05

You usually don't need to install a driver for use of a usb2 external device with Wxp, only for w98se. Maybe that's the problem?

proddeh 15:41 01 Jan 06

i realise that winxp should automatically detect the player and treat it as a flash USB memory drive.

However this isn't happening - it's being installed with the 'unknown device' placeholder and not being assigned the proper drivers.

Is there a way of manually forcing it to use some generic usb mass data storage drivers to communicate with the mp3 player?

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now