technika mp3

CiderBob 00:12 28 Dec 05

I have a technika mp3 player from tesco 256 mb. It has been okay and I have 50 songs in it. I put it in my lap top tonight and it wants to format the mp3 player and it can't find the files. It has been okay for 2 weeks and not had a problem until now. Can any one help? I am running XP home on all my pcs.

007al 00:16 28 Dec 05

I bought one of those,great for £10!
Is it ok in your pc but not working on your laptop?
Is it playing any files?

CiderBob 00:21 28 Dec 05

I used to rip a cd to windows media player files,plug in my mp3 player and put the files into it. I could also view the files in my computer but if I try now, I get the message....The disk in drive E is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?....I can play the file alredy on the player, but cannot view and update them on my computers. I have also tried on my main computer but same thing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:22 28 Dec 05

Use the search forum box at the top of the page, there have been several threads on this mp3 player today.

007al 00:29 28 Dec 05
  CiderBob 00:46 28 Dec 05

The other link didn't help so I bit the bullet and formatted it. It works okay now so I guess when this happens, all you can do is reformat. Luckily, I kept all my files in another folder on my other laptop. Thanks anyway.

007al 00:48 28 Dec 05

Did you format it when you first used it,to wipe the demo?

Daisymay628 16:54 29 Dec 05

I've cracked it
I have finally worked out how to use my techika mp3. Firstly I downloaded the files into My Music and then used the windows media player. Go to copy CD or device - i then right clicked on my music file highlighted copy to device and it worked up in the windows media. Where it says items on device highlight your removable disk ( mine was J) and then press the red copy button and hey presto it works!!
Good luck

nickieee 17:48 29 Dec 05

My daughter had one of these for xmas, we cant work it though! we connect it in the usb but its not appearing in devices in my computer, any ideas please

007al 17:54 29 Dec 05

Do you have usb2?

nickieee 17:57 29 Dec 05

yeah we do...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…