Tech Guys/ Pc world

Liam-1879 00:41 AM 22 Dec 11

heard bad things about these but have insurance with them and dropped something on top of my laptop and the screen has smashed on the interior and has black marks (liquid damage) on the screen.

Need to phone tech guys to sort it out but quite worried on the outcome as i've heard they are quite hard to actually get service from?

will it be easy enough to get it all collected and sorted without them being arkward.

ICF 07:23 AM 22 Dec 11

Never used them myself but I would have thought it differs from shop to shop.

chub_tor 09:02 AM 22 Dec 11

If your insurance cover with Tech Guys covers accidental damage and the policy is valid you should not have a problem. If you do have a problem and you have accidental damage cover on your House Contents then try claiming on them instead.

spuds 09:03 AM 22 Dec 11

If you do a simple search in the PCA forums, you will find a number of comments and suggestions on how to perhaps deal with Tech Guys/Pc World.

Would add that Tech Guys are no longer, they have been renamed KnowHow.

As a suggestion, you could look at a recent report on the BBC Watchdog program, which will provide some information of past complaints, and a contact email address for future complaints to KnowHow. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/knowhow.html

mgmcc 09:07 AM 23 Dec 11

"Would add that Tech Guys are no longer, they have been renamed KnowHow."

KnowHow. To coin a phrase - "who are they trying to convince?"

I actually had a good experience with them. Literally days before the warranty on my Netbook expired, the screen developed a faulty row of pixels leaving a white line across the centre. My local PC World arranged collection from home, it was repaired and returned within the week. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites