via tech 3038 pci to usb host controller- Help!

taffyal 11:13 23 Sep 04

I have done a remove/reinstall of Win ME. It now boots in safe mode, & in Device manager in System props, under Uni.Serial Bus controllers, I have 3xUSBRoot Hubs, O.K. then 4x VIA tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal host controllers. The 4th one has an exclamation mark, & says "device not present, not working properly or does not have all drivers installed Code10 Try upgrading drivers" Tried this, it says best one already installed. Can anyone please advise where I went wrong, & how to fix? Thanks, Al

stuntmaster 12:24 23 Sep 04

mabye, there's not enough resources allocated to the usb device, is this a proper PCI Card? if it is re'install ME without the card, and try then if ok, then add card to system it mite allocate it better.

worth a shot.

ben

taffyal 12:56 23 Sep 04

Its an Asrock m/board, the usb is onboard. Only pci card is the modem. All was OK before I tried to reinstall, I only did it 'cause for some reason- despite AVG & f/wall- I got lots of Trojans & virus, so I thought I'd be clever!! It has 1.2 gig processor, 512X pc100 ram & 40 gig H/D. Everything OK except this - working in safe is doing my eyes in!! Thanks, Al

stuntmaster 13:02 23 Sep 04

when you had windows mellenium did you do an upgrade before hand? i.e from 98 > Me?
if thats the case then me will use 98 settings, if not then theres a hardware conflict with drivers, and you have to Force another install of the faulty usb driver.

ben

taffyal 13:19 23 Sep 04

No, I took ME out, & put it back in. When I had the problem, I repeated the process, to no avail!How would I force the thing? Cheers, Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…