Teatimer

armstrongpiper 21:22 02 Sep 08

My computer has started to display a message for a programme called teatimer each time I want to shut-down. It says 'ending programme' but I don't know which programme it is referring to. I do know it has something connected with Spybot, but why has it started to appear now, as I have been using Spybot for a few years and haven't seen it until a few days ago? Unless I agree to shut down this teatimer, the computer won't stop! Anyone give me some advice, please?

Neil B

MAT ALAN 21:36 02 Sep 08

click here
this should explain what its doing.

Maybe a good time to give your PC a thorough scan...

RFB 21:37 02 Sep 08

Here you go.. click here

RFB 21:38 02 Sep 08

To slow for you Mat Alan 8-)

MAT ALAN 21:39 02 Sep 08

Its a gift, ya can't learn it LOL...

DieSse 21:41 02 Sep 08

It's a facility in Spybot, which monitors changes to vital files/settings - and warns you if any occur. Warns you a bit too often for my tastes, so I've disabled it.

If you recently updated Spybot, this might explain why it's become a bit more prominent.

My personal advice is to switch it off anyway.

You can switch it off by changing the mode to Advanced - go to Tools - Resident, and unchecking the box.

It should close down automatically - if you want to keep it in operation, but fix the close down, I suggest you uninstall the program - then download and install a fresh copy of the latest version.

armstrongpiper 16:17 04 Sep 08

Thanks for your responses. I have uninstalled and re-installed Spybot S&D (I couldn't find a truly Free download, but it only cost £2,11 from Softonic International) and this has, at least for now, got rid of the annopying Tea Timer messages on Shut Down.

Thanks again, Neil B

rossgolf 16:27 04 Sep 08

lol you shouldnt be paying for spybot, download it from click here
this is the place for many useful free tools that are mentioned on this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced