Teamspeak and Skype clash?

Flaco 11:09 06 Apr 06

I started using Teamspeak a while back for online gaming and general chatting. I have a Creative SB Audigy (E400) card installed and am using a Logitech Internet Chat headset/mike. Everything was fine for a while, i.e. great sound quality.

After a few weeks my Teamspeak sound signal took a nose dive (transmit) - the guys tell me it sounds like I'm in the bathroom behind closed doors and they can barely make out what I'm saying. On one occasion I caught an echo of my transmit and can testify that it sounds impossibly bad.

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused the problem is that I subsequently installed Skype (the voice quality of which is ropey, in my view). There were no other major changes around that time. Has anyone experienced any similar issues with TS and Skype?

I'm running XP SP2. I've tried altering sound device settings in Skype with no luck (and the TS codec is set at the host server end).

Flaco 12:47 06 Apr 06

bump...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…