The TCP/IP Protocol must be installed

brambles 21:20 28 May 04

This message has suddenly appeared at start up - I just clicked OK and it didn't seem to be causing any problems. Now suddenly when I insert my iPaq to synchronise nothing happens and the same 'TCP/IP Network Transport Not Installed' appears. I have looked in Help which is quite technical on the matter but I do appear to have TCP/IP ticked wherever I have found a dialogue box in Network settings. I don't have any network. Would appreciate detailed info to correct.

WINDOWS XP - there is an answer on Microsoft Knowledge Base but this is relevent to Windows 98.

I am unable to synchronise iPaq
I am unable to synchronise Sony Ericcson Phone.

I'm sure I tried reinstalling Windows XP but the problem persists. I first raised this problem in February without success - perhaps there are new subscribers who might help - or point me in the right direction to resolve.

Brambles

BBez 21:25 28 May 04

try reinstalling TCP/IP stack. Goto the Run box and type in "cmd" without the quotes which will bring up a command prompt and type in

"netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt"

without the quotes...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…