TCP/IP is not installed

Newuser4596 18:47 24 Jan 03

I am running Windows xp pro and all was working fine until I downloaded from Microsoft site Windows XP update package dated 25 Oct 2001 or Security Update dated 17 Dec 2001.
After these files were downloaded on to my computer a message now appears "The TCP/IP network is not installed".
I now cannot "talk" to my PDA, can any one give tell me how to get over this situation as I thought that downloading these files would help me and the computer not wipe files from them

billyliv 19:14 24 Jan 03

Hi, Go back to a restore point before you downloaded the upodate. (If you have allocated enough space for restore points) Cheers, Bill

woodchip 19:21 24 Jan 03

Or go to control panel\networking and click Add\Protocols\Microsoft choose in the right TCP/IP

jazzypop 21:00 24 Jan 03

Try Woodchip's suggestion first (remember to select the correct network adaptor first). In case that fails....

MS suggest two different methods of resetting the TCP/IP stack to its original condition. Despite appearances, the first link is the easiest method -

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…