tcp/ip network transport not installed

mick7 21:21 20 Jul 07

I get the above mesage on starting up my laptop, dial-up connects OK, but unable to connect to the internet. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Jackcoms 21:28 20 Jul 07
  mick7 21:41 20 Jul 07

Thanks for replying, I have tried this search but I get a load of different answers, I was hoping I might get a more simple answer on here.

brundle 21:56 20 Jul 07

"# If you are using Windows XP and you see the message “TCP/IP Network Transport Not Installed” then click on Start -> Run and enter the command “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt”, click OK. You must your computer for the changes to take effect."

brundle 22:37 20 Jul 07

`You must reboot your computer for the changes to take effect`, is what I assume the writer meant

mick7 22:39 20 Jul 07

I followed this advice from one of the google search results, but the "run" window just dissapears and nothing happens.

brundle 22:48 20 Jul 07

Start Menu/Accessories/Command Prompt, type the command at the prompt, see if you get any error messages.

mick7 23:02 20 Jul 07

I received this answer from "pc pitstop" and it has done the trick, simmilar to Brundles answer, "start, run, then enter the following click here
thanks for your help.

mick7 23:11 20 Jul 07

Sorry, made a mess of that one, what did the trick was this one, I think it only works with XP. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…