tcp/ip network transport not installed

mick7 21:21 20 Jul 07

I get the above mesage on starting up my laptop, dial-up connects OK, but unable to connect to the internet. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

Jackcoms 21:28 20 Jul 07
  mick7 21:41 20 Jul 07

Thanks for replying, I have tried this search but I get a load of different answers, I was hoping I might get a more simple answer on here.

brundle 21:56 20 Jul 07

"# If you are using Windows XP and you see the message “TCP/IP Network Transport Not Installed” then click on Start -> Run and enter the command “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt”, click OK. You must your computer for the changes to take effect."

brundle 22:37 20 Jul 07

`You must reboot your computer for the changes to take effect`, is what I assume the writer meant

mick7 22:39 20 Jul 07

I followed this advice from one of the google search results, but the "run" window just dissapears and nothing happens.

brundle 22:48 20 Jul 07

Start Menu/Accessories/Command Prompt, type the command at the prompt, see if you get any error messages.

mick7 23:02 20 Jul 07

I received this answer from "pc pitstop" and it has done the trick, simmilar to Brundles answer, "start, run, then enter the following click here
thanks for your help.

mick7 23:11 20 Jul 07

Sorry, made a mess of that one, what did the trick was this one, I think it only works with XP. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5