TCP/IP network transport

flobby 23:07 17 Oct 08

Hi All, While trying to install Virgin Media Broadband on a relatives Computer Running Windows XP Pro. I kept getting this error message. "MOBILE DEVICES PROPERTIES. The TCP/IP transport is not installed" How can I install it?
When I rang the ever efficient Virgin. they got me to look at the IP address and as there was onnly a blank. they cut short the call and stated it was a computer problem. Any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers. Flobby

baldydave 23:37 17 Oct 08

Hi,
go to control panel/network connections then click on connection you are using eg ethernet loacal area connections / right click /properties then make sure TCP/IP box is ticked (you might have to click install if box is not ticked)when this has been done double click internet protocol TCP/IP line and make sure obtain address automatically is selected for both ip address and dns server.
Hope this helps

baldydave 23:42 17 Oct 08

Also see here
click here;en-us;817571

baldydave 23:43 17 Oct 08

click here;en-us;817571

baldydave 23:44 17 Oct 08

sorry link not working just google MOBILE DEVICES PROPERTIES.

baldydave 23:47 17 Oct 08

If tcp/ip is enabled try this
click here

flobby 08:27 18 Oct 08

Thank You.
I will try all options tomorrow as they are going out today. I will keep you informed
Cheers, Flobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…