tcp/ip error 31 - netgear dg834g router

georgemac 17:54 29 Jun 04

Looks like I've done something daft. Got home today and my nice new adsl broadband router and usb wireless adaptor was waiting. Will not be getting broadband until the end of the month until the exchange is enabled.

I thought I would connect it up and be able to use the wireless router function until I got the adsl connection.

Now I can dial into my isp on dial-up but cannot connect to any pages or my email accounts. I sometimes get the connection rejected with the tcp/ip error 31.

Antone able to help me fix it? Am currentl searching the net from my sons pc for a soloution.

georgemac 17:56 29 Jun 04

oh I should add I do not have a restore point. I had an avg message saying there was a trojan in system restore so I turned it off and scanned with avg beofore the router was connected and did not create a restore point - silly me! Windows xp by the way.

georgemac 18:37 29 Jun 04

I noticed that sygate personal firewall did not appear to be running, so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and all appears OK.

Will have to wait until I get adsl connection before I can have my wireless network.

Off to create a restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…