TCP/IP conflict - no internet

wee willy wonker 18:03 05 May 05

Hi, can anyone help?
The internet comes into our house through a set top box and is Broadband.I recieve the internet through a hub, my son gets his internet through the same hub and he has no problems. I do not have the internet as I was trying to retore my network when a message told me there was a TCP/IP conflict. When I try to 'repair' the network connection I get the message 'TCP/IP is not enabled on this connection. Cannot proceed'.
I have tried various things but to no avail, can anyone help?
Thanks
Nick.

PUNKA 18:19 05 May 05

Is your set-up wired or wireless, and who is your ISP ??

wee willy wonker 19:02 05 May 05

we have a cable network and our ISP is with Ntl. I meant to mention that I am running XP on all our machines. Thanks for responding.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:03 05 May 05
  Belatucadrus 19:16 05 May 05

click here;en-us;314067

wee willy wonker 20:23 05 May 05

I've done it. Thank you very much. I think what did it was disabling each of the two network connections and then running the 'set up a home or office network'. DHCP then assigned a new IP address, I followed your advice and entered this address into the TCP/IP and then enable the two network connections, rebooted the PC and 'Bobs your uncle' it worked.
I am very grateful.
Nick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…