TCP setting is not compatible with router

sheila.weston 19:57 02 Feb 10

What can I do about an error message 'The TCP setting is not compatible with your rooter' message?

Since signing up for Talk Talk, because of the demise of Tiscali, my internet connection is so slow as to be almost non-existant.

I have until Saturday to decide if I want to continue with Talk Talk. I *was* paying line rental to BT before this last week and the connection was quite OK. Should the router be OK if I cancel TalkTalk's account and open one with BT? I am rather out of my depth!

Thanks for any help.

MAT ALAN 20:08 02 Feb 10

click here
this may help...

Stuartli 22:29 02 Feb 10

TalkTalk and AOL require an MTU setting of 1432.

See:

click here

click here

sheila.weston 11:35 04 Feb 10

Many thanks, both. I managed to get back to this forum, but couldn't make the connection to get to the links - took for ever connecting.

Oddly, today the problem seems to have resolved itself,no idea why, but I had already booked an engineer to come. He spent some time on the 'phone to Talk Talk, who are sending me a router, plus CD to talk me through the process. Why didn't they offer that yesterday, I wonder? It is 'free', although I have to pay postage. They also offered a £10 rebate plus no charge for this mornings' 'phone calls.

This thread may help others with the same problem. Thanks, again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…