//some 3rd party need geo

taxinbot

hzhzhz 23:37 25 Oct 05

Will avg or antivir pick up Backdoor.Taxinbot.

hzhzhz 23:40 25 Oct 05

Sorry it should read Tixanbot

Skills 23:49 25 Oct 05

Cant find an answer to your question but here is a detail report about the virus which may help click here

hzhzhz 00:15 26 Oct 05

My daughter downloaded onto her pc what she thought was msn plus. Soon after that, our router was disabled. Since then Ive read that it was probably Backdoor.Tixanbot that she downloaded and this nasty sends itself through the msn system. She also uses msn on my pc and Im concerned that tixanbot might have found its way in. Ive ran avg and antivir but they dont find anything. Is tixanbot invisible to these 2 av's or are they sure to find it if its in there.

hzhzhz 00:20 26 Oct 05

Thanks Skills, just read it.

Skills 00:22 26 Oct 05

Try an online scan as well

kaspersky click here

Trend Micro click here

Norton click here

Just to double check

splork 00:23 26 Oct 05

The virus was disguised as an update to MSN Plus, so they MSNPlus say on their site - if the update was never applied to your machine then you are probably safe, unless the 2 PC's are networked. It's highly unlikely it would have had anything to do with `disabling` your router. It seems to be fairly well known to the anti virus community now so the two programs you mention should pick it up. Finally, Avast click here comes with a `module` that protects Instant Messenger programs.

hzhzhz 08:19 26 Oct 05

The 2 pc's were networked at the time. I'll try the online scan as suggested. I still feel that this trojan has something to do with our router problem because from that moment on when her pc tries to connect to the net the router is instantly disabled . Anyway,thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…