//some 3rd party need geo

Taskbar resolution

Simon258 07:56 23 Sep 05

Rumming XP Pro on a Packard Bell iConnect 1350 (800) using a 15" CRT monitor. We have a seperate log on for each member of the family and everybodies desktop is in 800x600 resolution. On my, my wifes and my daughters desktop, the taskbar is narrow and well defined with one line of text for the time. On my sons desktop (still in 800x600) his taskbar is wider, with two lines of text for time (and date) but his quickstart and notification area icons are badly defined and very "pixelly". Anyone know how he could have got it like this, and how to change it?

MAJ 08:26 23 Sep 05

The taskbar can be dragged smaller (narrower) but sometimes it can be tricky to get right, it's just a question of playing around with it.

Hamish 09:25 23 Sep 05

Right click on an empty part of the taskbar and check that it is not locked. Then hover the mouse over the top edge until the pointer changes to a double head arrow, hold the mouse down and drag to the size you wish. When you are pleased lock the bar again. You can change the icon size by right clicking on an empty part of the desktop, then properties, then appearances, then advance where you can adjust icon size, text size and other items

rawprawn 09:28 23 Sep 05
  Domza 11:13 16 Feb 06

I've got the same problem as Simon 258 above. The taskbar icons are all very "pixelly" and generally look rubbish. I've recently changed from a CRT monitor on 1024x768 resolution to a DVI flat panel monitor on 1280 x 1024 resolution. But there has been no improvement: the icons on the toolbar/taskbar are still very poor quality.

Anyone know which tick in which box sorts this out?

beynac 11:40 16 Feb 06

Check the 'Color quality' on Display/Properties. If this is not set at 32 bit, the icons can be grainy. (This was the case with W98, I'm assuming it may be the same with XP).

Domza 11:58 16 Feb 06

Hi beynac, just checked and I'm on highest 32 bit colour.

In case its relevant I'm also running XP Pro as was Simon 58 at the top of this thread.

Domza 15:30 16 Feb 06

Have just looked on the microsoft support website and it says that this is a recognised problem with various versions of windows and suggests logging off/logging on again and/or rebooting PC.

Needless to say I've already tried both and they didnt resolve the issue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…