taskbar proporties

pat2068 21:00 12 Jun 03

could anyone please tell me how to remove unwanted icons from the taskbar proporties i have lots of them for programs i have removed from my comp win xp thanks mary

powerless 21:02 12 Jun 03

Start > Run > Type: MSCONFIG

Click ok

Click on STARTUP and remove the ticks that you see. Compare what you have with click here

OneSirKnight 21:03 12 Jun 03

right click on task bar /select properties and untick quick launch.

powerless 21:03 12 Jun 03

VoG® 21:07 12 Jun 03

No I think what eathangle means is if you right click taskbar, properties, and in Notification area bit click the Customize button. I've just checked mine and it lists everything that has ever been in the notification area in living memory. On mine also, several show the wrong icon ??

powerless 21:10 12 Jun 03
  pat2068 21:11 12 Jun 03

Vog is right it lists loads of icions that i dont even use anymore is there a way to delete them thanks mary

OneSirKnight 21:15 12 Jun 03

you may find this helpful

click here

VoG® 21:22 12 Jun 03

Brilliant, thanks (although I'd never noticed before but never mind.

earthangle - print out Powerless's link.

To edit the registry, Start, Run, type in

and click the OK button.

Before you do anything, File/Export and save a copy somewhere convenient, like the desktop. If things go wrong you can double clock that to restore things back to where they are.

Then keep clicking on the + signs to expand the folders till you get to the required section. Click on the items to be deleted and press the Delete key. When done, just close (X) the program.

To open Task Manager press CTRL+ALT+DELETE together (once only or you'll reboot your 'puter).

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…