taskbar problem with XP

BRISTOLIAN 10:44 25 Jul 03

Good morning, I hope someone has an idea! I'm running XP home with no problems, but I've ony just noticed!!! that I get no program buttons appearing on the task bar, either when running or minimized. I've tried all the obvious things, unchecking auto hide, etc., but none of the property settings have any effect. If I check quicklaunch, these icons do appear, but nowt else! All else seems fine. Help! I'm running XP Plus, but I've tried setting other themes/desktops, and no change.

Bramblerose 11:08 25 Jul 03

Right click on your task bar and go to properties. Is "hide inactive icons" ticked? If it is, if you click on the customise button you can then set which icons you want to see and which you dont

BRISTOLIAN 18:55 25 Jul 03

Thanks for that, Bramblerose, I can see the icons in the notification area OK, it's the actual program buttons (Word, etc.) that are the bugbears here.

LAP 19:00 25 Jul 03

Have you tried a 'system restore' Lap..

BRISTOLIAN 19:06 25 Jul 03

Hi, Lap yes, I tried that earlier in the week, no luck!

LAP 12:58 26 Jul 03

<bump>

BRISTOLIAN 11:46 30 Jul 03

Thanks to all who offered help, I just booted up this morning and as if by magic all the taskbar buttons appeared - I don't know if I did anything or not, they weren't there last night!!!!
Do I have a poltergiest????????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…