Taskbar problem

glen2409 12:09 02 May 05

I run Windows XP Pro and have noticed recently problems with the taskbar.

The taskbar and start menu icon does not appear in the Contol Panel and when I right click on the Taskbar and choose Proeprties I get an error message about restrictions on this computer. I am logged in as an admin.

Any help?

Eric10 13:50 02 May 05

You do need to be logged in as Administrator then do the following:

Go to Start, Run and type mmc
This will start the Microsoft Management Console. On the Top Menu click on File, Add/Remove Snap-in. Click the "Add" button. Scroll down and double-click "Group Policy Object Editor", then click the "Finished" button. Click the "Close" button then the "OK" button in the Add/Remove Snap-in dialogue.

Expand the tree by clicking the plus signs to the left of Local Computer Policy, User Configuration, Administrator Templates and then click on "Start Menu and Taskbar"
Scroll down the list on the right until you find "Prevent changes to Taskbar and Start Menu Settings" and "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar". Double-click each of these in turn and set them to Disabled. Close down Microsoft Management Console. There is no need to save.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 02 May 05

Taskbar missing
click here

Taskbar repair tool
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…