Taskbar past items

MuDelta 23:17 PM 22 May 11
Answered

How do I reactivate past items on my taskbar?

lotvic 00:48 AM 23 May 11

Please can you be more specific in what you mean.

Do you mean:

Quick Launch shortcut icon

Minimized open programs

Hidden inactive icons (icons that you have not clicked recently)

or icons at the left in system tray near the clock

In the meantime you may find some info in these results Google

MuDelta 12:42 PM 23 May 11
Answer

I ma talking about icons at the left in system tray near the clock. Sorry I wasn't clearer. I hope the following helps. I am running XP Sp3.

In task bar and start menu properties under Past Items in the Customise Notifications window I mark some Past Items as Always Show but they don't show. I have done some googling and looked at some of the items you suggest with no result. Any ideas?

lotvic 16:09 PM 23 May 11

If marked as Always Show it will show next time you open the program associated with it and then icon will stay in the System Tray after you have closed the program. Which means you can rightclick on it to choose start up the program again instead of going through 'Start' > 'All Programs'

In each program there is also an option to choose to 'Show in system tray/notification area'

I prefer to Hide inactive icons as then they only show in system tray (notification area) when that program is open and active - Just my preference of course.

MuDelta 10:53 AM 24 May 11

Thank lotvic that did it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites