Taskbar Notification Area

zigzagtoes 06:56 12 Feb 07

My taskbar has decided to be a pain, its been like it a few days now, but until now it didnt bother me.

I am missing the small round button you need to click to show the inactive icons, I'd like it back. I have tried the "Task Bar Repair Tool Plus" program that everyone seems to recommend, but this just gives options to show all icons (active and inactive), show active, hide inactive, and a repair option.

The repair option hasn't worked, and I really dont want to have all icons showing as this takes up too much room on the taskbar.

Any help much appreciated.

bennyhillslovechild 07:24 12 Feb 07

There's one option that been touted about - worth a try.
Right click the Start button then select Properties and select the Taskbar tab, under the Notification area across from Hide inactive icons select the Customize... button and then look under Current Items, select the first item, and choose 'Always hide' then ok out.

zigzagtoes 07:42 12 Feb 07

Nice one for that, it worked, shame me first icon is me firewall, I liked them flashing traffic graphs lol.

bennyhillslovechild 07:54 12 Feb 07

You may find that now it is back, you can re-adjust it back to how it was and keep the "chevron-buttony-thing" (never have worked out what that's called) :)

zigzagtoes 07:57 12 Feb 07

That was nice and simple solution, thanks again, i've put it back how i like it ,oD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac