Taskbar missing from users accounts

Newuser1277 13:16 08 Feb 04

I am using XP home with 4 accounts one per familiy two for children with Norton parental control enabled. Ove the past couple of weeks the taskbar on the 3 other accounts (not mine) have been disappearing. They are not minimised etc and aside from deleting the account and rebuilding, I cannot restore it. Anyone have any bright ideas please??

Rennaissance 13:20 08 Feb 04

maybe it is set to auto hide?

Newuser1277 15:10 08 Feb 04

No I have checked for that. The taskbar is there when you either close the accout or log it off. When you re-start the account or go back to it if you switch accounts, the complete taskbar is missing.

If you start a program from an icon and minimize it, it disappears off to the side of the screen.

The task bar has not been moved/relocated by an individual, it is something system driven rather than meddling fingers

VoG II 15:13 08 Feb 04
  Newuser1277 06:23 09 Feb 04

VoG - Many thanks, cured the problem. Should have thought of checking with microsoft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…