Taskbar layout

Trikie 23:26 02 Feb 04

Somehow I have managed to alter the layout of my XP taskbar and despite reference to the Idiots Guidebook can't get back to the single line format that showed each open application separately.

I've got 2 lines with an empty address panel and the open applications are represented by a small box containing one letter with up and down arrows alongside (plus aselection of icons). None of the choices in the Properties screen seem to help.

User-312386 23:29 02 Feb 04

right click empty part of taskbar and select properties now uncheck the box that says " Group similar taskbar butoons"

click apply

Trikie 23:43 02 Feb 04

Thanks Madboy33 - just tried this but no change.

User-312386 23:45 02 Feb 04

oh i see what you mean

you have to unlock the taskbar, to do this right click taskbar and select click on "lock the taskbar" so the tick goes and drag the task bar up or down to how you want it

User-312386 23:47 02 Feb 04

very confused

Trikie 23:51 02 Feb 04

That makes 2 of us. Unlocked the taskbar but whilst it will drag up it won't drag down to just one line depth.

User-312386 00:29 03 Feb 04

now thats weird

just done it on mine and it works fine

anyone know why this is occuring folks?

Djohn 01:03 03 Feb 04

Are you by any chance moving the taskbar instead of adjusting it?

Do as madboy33©® says, unlock the taskbar, then move your cursor slowly from the screen area toward the top of the taskbar.

When the cursor changes from a pointed arrow to a two headed arrow, left click the mouse, hold down and drag the taskbar downward, it will go back to a single or narrow bar. j.

Taw® 06:26 03 Feb 04

trikie if I understand the taskbar is double in size and no matter what you do it wont get any smaller? If this is the case click here and then follow the further link under Taw

Trikie 00:29 05 Feb 04

Yes, thats solved the problem. I'd never have found that on my own - many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant