Taskbar Changes

The Paul 13:17 24 Oct 03

I installed XP and all was well. I tried to set up a P2P LAN which I'm about to abort but other than that all was great.

Last night, out of the blue, my taskbar changed from that lovely blue set up - (as well as the sheme for the windows etc) to a very bland grey. I have tried the taskbar properties but all settings are as they should be and were.

I rather liked the blue. Can I get it back again?

Stuartli 13:41 24 Oct 03

Usually blue indicates that a window is live.

Try right clicking on the Desktop, Display Properties and then the Appearance tab - you can (should) be able to change the colour from here.

Or: click here or

It's also possible to change the colours of Windows Media Player by using the small second from the right button at the bottom right of the window. A wide range of colours is available.

Elyvate 14:04 24 Oct 03

perhaps it has changed from the XP view to the classic windows view

The Paul 14:12 24 Oct 03

Thanks Stuart - the blue I mentioned was the taskbar blue. I've tried every possibility in desktop properties and also taskbar properties. I can, as you say, change the colours but it is the default XP colour scheme that I want to get back. I cant even see this as an option in the Appearance section.

I'll have a look at the link you posted. Cheers Stuart. Paul

The Paul 14:23 24 Oct 03

I've checked this again. In the Display Properties, the Theme is shown as Windows XP. Yet in the Appearance it is shown as Windows Classic Style and this is the only option I have. I can change the colour in Colour Scheme and the Font Size but thats it. Changing colour doesnt get me to the default XP Theme.

The Paul 15:17 24 Oct 03

and everything is sweet in the garden again.

Thanks folks. Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…