Taskbar buttons turning white and blanking out...

DIYgirl 17:20 05 Jan 05

I have a new problem with my computer today. This afternoon, specifically. The buttons on the taskbar which tell me what applications are running look a little pale. I have the standard Windows colourscheme running, so they should look the same grey as the rest of the taskbar, but they are a couple of shades lighter. And when I switch from one window to another (from Inbox to PC Advisor, for example), by clicking on those buttons, the text within them disappears. If I click on the button, the text reappears, and it does work in that the buttons still take me to the appropriate applications: but why the paleness and the disappearing text? I have not changed anything that I can think of.

The clock in the corner looks like it is bold, too, I have just noticed. But nothign else looks different.

Oh, this computer business drives me up the wall. All I want to be able to do is use it for the internet and to type my pieces up with, and instead I have to spend half my day babying the silly thing into working. Makes me feel nostalgic for my old Amstrad PCW, or whatever the dinosaur was called.

Cesar 10:14 08 Jan 05

I am not sure if this will help, Insert your windows disc go to start run Type SFC /scannow exactly as it is written, this supposed to replace damaged files which it seems to be your trouble.

Graham ® 10:56 08 Jan 05

Windows 98, it's SFC.

Graham ® 11:07 08 Jan 05

See if this applies:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…