Taskbar Buttons - only half visible

nickr 17:37 06 Oct 04

When I open an application (internet, office, etc) the buttons at the bottom of the screen are all grouped together on the right-hand side of the taskbar, and are only half visible.

I've right-clicked on the taskbar, gone into properties / taskbar appearance, and the following options are ticked: 'lock the taskbar' and 'keep taskbar on top of other windows'.

How can I get the buttons to appear normally and in full at the bottom of the screen...?

Many thanks.

VoG II 17:43 06 Oct 04

click here might work.

Dorsai 17:47 06 Oct 04

Do you have XP?

If so, it sounds like the option 'hide inactive icons' is turned on. In XP home, this option is turned on by default.

To check, start button>settings>taskbar and menu settings

Look for the check box at the botton 'hide inactive icons'. If ticked, untick.

Dorsai 17:55 06 Oct 04

crx1600

I have the same, double height. There just is not room enought in a single dekker TB for it all.

nickr

If the option i mentioned is unticked, and crx's suggestion is not it, try ticking the option i seggested, applying the change, rebooting, and then unticking it. Windows can on ocasion, say 'i am doing A' and actually do 'B'. The tick/reboot/untick usually forces the check box to actually report the tru state of affairs, rather then get it wrong.

nickr 19:20 06 Oct 04

That's done the trick.
Thanks all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…