Taskbar auto hide doesn't

hssutton 19:23 16 Mar 15

Taskbar auto hide, windows7 64bit. when using Photoshop/Lightroom, taskbar auto hide often does not 'hide' This creates problems when I want to use plugins in Photoshop, as there is no way to go back into photoshop when adjustments have been made.

Can anyone help with this annoying problem

northumbria61 19:05 17 Mar 15

Have you currently got the taskbar "locked"? If so you would need to untick then right click again select properties then tick auto hide the taskbar - then finally tick in lock the taskbar

Batch 09:00 18 Mar 15

You should not need to unlock the taskbar. I often turn on auto-hide when I want an extra bit of usable screen height. My taskbar is always locked and I don't change that when I turn on auto-hide.

However, the taskbar does not auto-hide if the taskbar is the item "in focus" (effectively when it is the active "window") - are you sure that is not the case when you are having problems? Try clicking somewhere other than the taskbar and see if the problem goes away.

hssutton 09:49 18 Mar 15

Thanks for the replies. I do have auto-hide selected and this works perfectly most of the time. The problem occurs only when using Photoshop CS6 and the 'Nik Plugin-Define' This is a new problem, in the past all has worked OK. As there have been quite a lot of updates recently for W7 I wonder if this could be part of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes