Taskbar

maz2 18:58 08 Feb 07

A friend of mine has a problem with her taskbar, it is double the size it should be and is displaying the time, day and date does anyone have any ideas on how to get it back to normal please, I've tried the normal method of trying to shrink it backthe mouse with no joy, she's running Xp

SLAYER 19:03 08 Feb 07
  BRYNIT 19:14 08 Feb 07

It sounds as though some one has dragged the taskbar up to make it bigger.

1. move mouse button over taskbar right click mouse button and check that lock the taskbar has not been ticked if it has remove tick by clicking on lock the taskbar.

2. move mouse pointer over top top rdge of the taskbar you should see what looks like an arrow pointing up and down click and hold left mouse button dragging the task bar down.

3. right click on task bar and put tick on lock the task bar.

big bloke66 19:18 08 Feb 07

Bookmarked.

sinbads 19:21 08 Feb 07

right click on task bar untick lock taskbar if ticked then place curser toward top of taskbar untill you get double arrow then drag down

sinbads 19:22 08 Feb 07

too slow

maz2 21:10 08 Feb 07

Nope tried all them nothing works

maz2 21:14 08 Feb 07

I think the problem is because of the clock it's displaying the time at the top with the day underneath and the date underneath that, so of course it has to be bigger to accommodate it all, if I could switch the clock back to just showing the time maybe that would fix it, but I haven't a clue how

big bloke66 21:28 08 Feb 07

What BRYNIT posted should have worked, well it did on mine.

When the Task bar is enlarged it shows the whole time,day,date etc.
Strange!

skidzy 21:35 08 Feb 07

System Restore ?

mammak 21:40 08 Feb 07

I like it like that, but simply hover your mouse over the task bar until it untill turns into a double headed black arrow and drag it down to the size you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now