Taskbar

nutty boy 01:00 12 Aug 03

Over the past few days whilst on the Internet I now get an icon in the notification area which reads when I hover with mouse 'Downloading updates.I am not as far as I am aware downloading and cannot seen to see what is downloading? Can anyone suggest what might be happening? or is there someway I can see what is downloading.Confused??!!

Djohn 01:13 12 Aug 03

Might be windows up-dates! What does the Icon look like? and if you right click on it, it should give you the option to open or look at the properties. This will tell you. If you can post back with this information and what you would like to do with it, then someone will help. j.

kane_2001 01:14 12 Aug 03

I take it you are on XP?. If so that is just windows automatically updating all the critical updated that are available. You can change the way t works, so you know what you are downloading by clicking on it and seeing what it is downloading. IT WON`T harm your PC at all

DieSse 01:14 12 Aug 03

It'll be Windows, doing it's own thing, probably.

In WinXP - look in Control Panel - System - Automatic Updates for setting how you want the system to behave with update loading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…