Task Scheduler...Howto set a prog off with it?

Chegs ® 17:26 08 Oct 03

I run XP Pro and a prog called "TimerShot" in conjunction with my webcam to "keep-an-eye" on my motorcycle(no other use for the webcam here:-) )at weekends when I'm often away.I will be building a garage sooner or later,but immediately this method suits.I tried setting TimerShot up in Task Scheduler but it refuses to start up.I found a web page showing howto do it,but it didn't work.click here I substituted TimerShot for "4. The Task Wizard will list some applications. Choose Browse

5. At the File Name prompt enter it in: C:\ACU\Wrun32.exe ? Click Ok

6. It will then ask for the name of the scheduled task, enter in: BSMGR Schedule"and added the Schedule on the end as it said.

Anyone found a way to do it please?

Chegs ® 21:05 08 Oct 03

Chegs ® 23:18 08 Oct 03

I have tried several more times to get it to operate,and now get a message stating (similar to)"The task couldn't run as no password was entered"

Is this refering to Sys Admin password(none set)or Task password(as I tried setting a password in TS and changed my logon password(didn't have one but now have to type one to logon)and TS still refuses to run the TimerShot app.

powerless 01:14 09 Oct 03

Go to start, run, type:

Click ok.

Find "Task Scheduler" is the startup type, manual, automatic or disabled. Set it to automatic...

The password it is referring to is your User Account Password.

Chegs ® 01:26 09 Oct 03

I was just on my way up here to tick this thread as sorted,I had a look thru click here as I found this click here in a previous posting,and followed spikeychris's suggestion "Also try running without a password: " and got the file "For Home: Run Scheduled Task without a Password (Line 67)" Ran the vbs script on XP Pro and now Task Scheduler runs TimerShot.Tweaked the start/stop times and now my MC is covered by camera.If it gets nicked,I wont have to describe the thieves,I can give the police a picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…